Well I cam across this pin on Pinterest, a make your own candy buttons and I just had to try them!!! I don’t know about you, but I loved those candy buttons when I was growing up! I don’t know what it is about eating candy off of paper but it was a favorite.
The recipe was adapted from Here, but here is my adjusted recipe 🙂
1) Cut non-toxic computer paper into abut 10-15 strips (about 2 inches wide), you can make them how ever big you would like.
2) Whip together confectioners sugar, egg whites and extract, using a whisk until it is completely mixed and blended
3) Divide “icing” into small bowls. Color each bowl different colors.
4)Place the computer sheets onto a cookie sheet (or more), it will make for easier transportation (will most likely be moved because it takes forever to harden!)
5) Pour each color into a sandwich bag and seal (using my icing tip). Then cut a VERY small corner off of each bag.
6) Squeeze a drop of icing at a time onto the paper, it will form nicely into a rounded blob. (You can make the dots however big you want but the bigger the longer it takes to harden).
7) Move the cookie sheets to a cooler place in your house so they can rest and harden (it takes about 2 days to completely harden)
8) After that LONG period of drying & hardening enjoy these little buggers! (they are completely hardened when you can peel them off the paper without them being smushed!)
**I really loved these! The flavor was there and the texture but it did take an awful long time to dry and I am Very impatient!!! It was a nice taste of childhood! 🙂