So I love Almond Joy’s and of course I am sure you know by now, Oreo’s! So why not combine them! So I came up with this awesome idea to make a Oreo Almond Joy Bar and man are they out of this world (my husband would beg to differ but he isn’t a big coconut fan!)
Oreo Almond Joy Bars
1 package Oreo’s finely crushed
1/2 stick of butter (4tbsp) melted
5 1/3 cups sweetened coconut
2/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips
1 Tbsp veg oil
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed Oreo’s until it is all moist and put it in the bottom of a 13×9 cake pan and pat it firmly down so it forms a sort of crust
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt.Add egg whites and vanilla and mix all ingredients together until well incorporated. Spread this mixture in the pan over the Oreo crust
- Bake for 15-20 min at 350 degrees
- While that is baking, melt the Chocolate chips in the microwave, then add the veg oil, then stir in the almonds.
- When it comes out of the oven, spread the chocolate mixture over the coconut mixture and let sit and cool.
- When it is completely cool and the chocolate has hardened, cut them up into small bite size pieces (one small bite is enough, it can be a mouth full, but don’t be afraid to have a couple 🙂
Enjoy this delicious heaven!