Like promised I made my Rolo Bars for Easter and if I do say so myself, they came out pretty well!
3 Cups finely chopped graham crackers
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter (melted)
1 package of caramel squares
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag mini rolo’s
1. Once the graham crackers are all chopped up, mix in the sugar and then the butter and mix until the graham crackers are all moist.
2. In a sprayed 13 x 9 pan, press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan, Then bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins and let completely cool (I saw a tip for making bars to put non stick aluminum foil in bottom so you could just pull it out and it would make it easier to cut…i did not do this but If I were you, I would, the caramel makes it difficult to cut in the pan!)
3. While the crust is cooling, Following the directions on the caramel bag, unwrap and melt the caramels on the stove (I believe it was just the caramels and 2 tbsp of water), once it is all melted, just pour it over the graham cracker crust and spread all over evenly.
4. Next melt the chocolate chips and then spread that over the caramel layer.
5. Take the mini Rolo’s and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate while it is still wet ( I chopped up the rolo’s so they were smaller pieces, but it wasn’t so easy so feel free to do them how you prefer 🙂
6. Once the bars are dry and hardened, cut them up into bars and enjoy!
The Bars drying after I poured the chocolate on and sprinkled them with Rolo pieces:
One of the Rolo Bars, with a layer of Graham Cracker, Caramel and Chocolate 🙂
On a plate and ready to be brought to Easter Brunch!