So while on vacation a couple weeks ago, we made those striped cookie s’mores and we made these pretzel s’mores, that were equally as good…clearly it was a s’mores addicted vacation!!!! These were a little more messy to put together but they were such an awesome snack!!!
We found this great idea here and made them like this:
1 bag of pretzels
1 bag of big Marshmallows
1 package of 6 Hershey bars
2 bags of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. First we cut the marshmallows in half and stuck them in the microwave for about 30 sec (if you have a window just watch until you see them get puffy and be the judge of the best time limit), until they got really soft.
2. While the marshmallows are cooking we placed two chocolate pieces on a pretzel
3. When the marshmallows are done, I used a knife to transport the marshmallow to the pretzel with the chocolate then used another pretzel to scrap the marshmallow off the knife and press the pretzel sandwich into a s’more.
4. Then while those cool a little, melt a bag of chocolate chips in the Microwave for about 3 minutes, stirring a couple times
5. When the chocolate is all melted, dip (or coat) the s’more pretzel into the chocolate and place it back on the plate and place them in the freezer for a little bit to harden the chocolate.
6. Once the chocolate has hardened, place them in a zip loc bag and store them in the fridge to keep the chocolate from melting.
**If you have left over ingredients which you most likely will, go ahead and make some chocolate covered marshmallows or pretzels…these were also made and enjoyed on vacation.