So trying to figure out what to make for dinner one day, I was going back and forth between many things, taco’s, meatloaf, or stuffed zucchini, when I decided on stuffed zucchini!
Of course I decide on this dish when 1. we don’t have any zucchini and 2. there is a torrential down pour rain storm happening!!! Whatever, I took my pregnant butt to Stop & Shop in this rain storm just to walk out of there empty handed…they had NO ZUCCHINI!!! I was not a happy camper! I mean I normally don’t shop at Stop & Shop but it was the closest to my house in this rain storm so I figured why not…HUGE MISTAKE! There was no way I was going to try another store…so I went home deciding I would figure something out when I got there!
Since I couldn’t decide between taco’s or meatloaf, I decided to make a taco meatloaf! Man that sounded good! Then I remembered how long it takes to make meatloaf and I said no way, it was already late and I was hungry! Then I remembered seeing taco cupcakes on Pinterest forever ago so I figured that was perfect…perfect size and perfect amount of time, so here it is! I was totally impressed with how these came out and I hope you enjoy!
Taco Meatloaf Cupcakes
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C Salsa
1 Cup shredded mexican (or taco) blend cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 C chopped onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of the muffin tins (I used the large muffin tin that makes 6 muffins) with Pam
- In a large bowl, using your hands (YES YOU CAN GET THEM DIRTY!!!) mix all the ingredients together until well blended
- Then scoop the meat into the muffin holes, filling to the top
- Bake for about 30-35min until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbly
- Pop them out and devour!!
These were quick, easy and so delicious!! Try it for dinner this week, I’m sure you will love it!!