Remember that neat trick I posted a couple weeks ago about shredding the chicken in your kitchen aid?!?! Well here is EXACTLY where to put that to use! I have veered away from things like this…taquitos where you have to roll and bake things, I felt it was too time consuming, had too many ingredients and that mine would never stay together. Well I came across these and figured I would give them a shot and man were they good!!! They were even good as leftovers and someone mentioned that they probably freeze well too! This would be perfect to make on a weekend and pull out for a quicker dinner during the week!
Anyway, without further ado here is the recipe 😉
Baked Honey Lime Taquitos
3 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, cumin, garlic, and sour cream.
- In another bowl pour the honey-lime sauce over the shredded chicken. Let it marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix the cheese in with the chicken mix, and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Microwave the tortillas a little bit so it is soft and easy to roll (20-30 seconds)
- Place a spoonful of chicken on one end of the corn tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Place the taquito seam-side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Lay taquitos next to each other, but not touching. Brush a little bit of olive oil over the tops of the taquitos and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
I hope you give them a shot and enjoy them as much as I did! I can’t stop thinking about them!