Yay I finally made a new cookie!! I feel like I have been slacking! I have been very anxious for this cookie and I am so excited how it turned out, it kind of reminds me of a vanilla wafer 🙂
I hope you enjoy them!
Cherry Almond Tasties
1 1/2 sticks of butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 Tbsp cherry juice
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped cherries (as dry as possible; I just squeezed them with a paper towel)
1 cup powdered sugar
1-3 Tbsp of cherry juice (add one Tbsp at a time and get it to your desired consistency)
1/2 tsp veg oil
sliced almonds (optional, only for the top of cookie for decoration)
1. Mix butter & sugars
2. Add eggs, almond extract & cherry juice
3. Add flour, salt & soda
4. Add chopped cherries
5. Place the dough in the fridge for at least an hour (to help harden the dough a little)
When dough has hardened some and you can handle it:
6. Roll the dough into medium sized balls (the dough will still be sticky but I found if I had my hands damp it made it easier to handle) and place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins (they will get a bit brown on the bottom, but this is perfectly ok, they aren’t burnt and they give it that vanilla wafer texture!).
After all the cookies have been baked now it is time to make the glaze (you don’t want to make it too soon because it will harden and be hard to work with)
7. Using a whisk. whisk together the powdered sugar, cherry juice and veg oil until it is well blended
8. Take the cookies and dip the top of them into the glaze and using a knife spread it around evenly on the top of the cookie, then place two almond slices on top.
9. Go ahead and gobble them up! I did, it was very hard not to 🙂
I really enjoyed these cookies not glazed, but they were good either way so, if you don’t feel like glazing them, you won’t be missing much, they are still delicious!!
Here are the cookies before they were glazed:
Here is a great glazed cookie with it’s special ingredient hahaha:
Here is the finished product, some glazed and some not (I tell myself some weren’t glazed because I liked them better that way, which I did but I think it might also have been because I was just lazy! hahaha )
I hope you give these a shot and enjoy them!
Happy Tuesday! 🙂