This is a very quick and delicious recipe that i found on Pinterest way back when and have made a couple times and every time it is as good as it was before! You can find it here and below is my take on it…you know the not so healthy way 😉 :
Tortilla chips (I don’t really measure them, I put as many as I find fit in the bottom of the dish)
1Tbs Olive Oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can black beans drained
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded cheese (I use taco blend and use as much as I see fit depending on my mood lol)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until soft.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink then add taco seasoning according to package.
- Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens .
- Line the bottom of a baking dish (I use an 8×8 but you can use whichever you prefer depending how deep you want it) with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
Who doesn’t like Tacos?? And an easy casserole?? Well here you go…dinner for a night sometime soon! 🙂