This was a flavor and idea that I have been thinking about for a while now! This was originally going to be a cookie, but with the texture because of the liquid from the strawberries and champagne (& baking soda), it ended up being more like a little scone. The flavor was pretty amazing and the texture really worked…we love them! They went from a cookie to a sconey like (not as hard as a scone) breakfast bite named by my amazing husband 🙂
Here is the recipe, I hope you give it a shot and enjoy them!
Strawberry Champagne Scone Bites
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup champagne ( I use Verdi, it is cheap and tastes really good!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups finely chopped strawberries (after you chop them up, place them on a paper towel and try and get out as much juice as you can)
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add champagne and blend, it will looked all curdled and gross but I promise it will be good!
3. Add the salt, powder, soda, and vanilla and mix
4. Add the flour and mix just enough that everything is all blended
5. Add the strawberries and mix a couple times so the strawberries are mixed in and your batter becomes a little sticky and has a slight pinkish tint
6. Drop spoon fulls of batter onto the cookie sheet, about an inch apart
7. Bake at 375° for 9 – 10 minutes, when they come out, place them on a cooling rack, give them a couple minutes and enjoy them warm (they are still good cool though too, just not as good the next day, so gobble them up!)
I hope you enjoy them!