This is a very quick and delicious recipe that i found on Pinterest way back when and have made a couple times and every time it is as good as it was before! You can find it here and below is my take on it…you know the not so healthy way 😉 :
Tortilla chips (I don’t really measure them, I put as many as I find fit in the bottom of the dish)
1Tbs Olive Oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can black beans drained
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded cheese (I use taco blend and use as much as I see fit depending on my mood lol)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until soft.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink then add taco seasoning according to package.
- Add beans and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens .
- Line the bottom of a baking dish (I use an 8×8 but you can use whichever you prefer depending how deep you want it) with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
Who doesn’t like Tacos?? And an easy casserole?? Well here you go…dinner for a night sometime soon! 🙂
Taco’s & Pizza…YES YES YES!!!
I found this recipe on Pinterest a little while back and we made it for dinner a couple weeks ago and I decided that it is blog worthy, because it is that good and SUPER easy!
recipe that will be a fun kid friendly dinner!
Crescent Roll Taco Pizza
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup black beans (drained)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 cups cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- taco seasoning
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Unroll the crescent rolls on the baking sheet. Press together the crescent roll’s seams (very important step! Make sure you seal it well so it won’t break apart, you don’t want your pizza flopping! You can even roll all the dough into a ball then use a rolling pin and roll it out to make sure there are no holes).
Brown hamburger and pre-bake the crust in the oven for 5 mins .
Drain meat, then mix in taco seasoning and make according to package.
Assemble your pizza, spread around the taco meat, black beans & tomatoes then top off with the cheese.
Bake for 15min until the cheese is melted and the crust is light brown
Gobble this up and don’t regret it!! 🙂
So trying to figure out what to make for dinner one day, I was going back and forth between many things, taco’s, meatloaf, or stuffed zucchini, when I decided on stuffed zucchini!
Of course I decide on this dish when 1. we don’t have any zucchini and 2. there is a torrential down pour rain storm happening!!! Whatever, I took my pregnant butt to Stop & Shop in this rain storm just to walk out of there empty handed…they had NO ZUCCHINI!!! I was not a happy camper! I mean I normally don’t shop at Stop & Shop but it was the closest to my house in this rain storm so I figured why not…HUGE MISTAKE! There was no way I was going to try another store…so I went home deciding I would figure something out when I got there!
Since I couldn’t decide between taco’s or meatloaf, I decided to make a taco meatloaf! Man that sounded good! Then I remembered how long it takes to make meatloaf and I said no way, it was already late and I was hungry! Then I remembered seeing taco cupcakes on Pinterest forever ago so I figured that was perfect…perfect size and perfect amount of time, so here it is! I was totally impressed with how these came out and I hope you enjoy!
Taco Meatloaf Cupcakes
1 lb ground beef
1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C Salsa
1 Cup shredded mexican (or taco) blend cheese
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 C chopped onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of the muffin tins (I used the large muffin tin that makes 6 muffins) with Pam
- In a large bowl, using your hands (YES YOU CAN GET THEM DIRTY!!!) mix all the ingredients together until well blended
- Then scoop the meat into the muffin holes, filling to the top
- Bake for about 30-35min until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbly
- Pop them out and devour!!
These were quick, easy and so delicious!! Try it for dinner this week, I’m sure you will love it!!