This was an awesome find!!! I made this for Easter and it was sooo good and of course so easy! I recently had a coworker say to me, “you always say that!” and believe me I mean it! I don’t have time to make something that takes a lot of time or energy and before the kids I was just lazy hahaha!
Here is this yummy treat! It makes a large cake, and even after everyone had some for dessert at Easter, we had plenty extra to take to work for a couple days and to hand out to coworkers 🙂
Easy Pineapple Orange Layer Cake
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (8 or 9 inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oil, oranges, eggs and sour cream until well blended.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Fold the pineapple mixture into the whipped cream to combine.
- Frost in between each layer, and the top and sides of the cake with the pineapple whipped cream mixture.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
This all worked out pretty well, the only thing I did differently is I only did a 2 layer instead of a 3 layer and it worked out perfectly! Next time I would either add more mandarin orange or I will add in some orange zest to the batter to get more of that orange flavor.
I think this is perfect timing for this cake as it will make an awesome Mothers Day dessert 😉