One of my absolutely favorite things to eat with hot chocolate are those fudgy striped cookies!! Do you know what I am talking about? I love to dip them in my steaming hot chocolate until it gets soggy then I devour it, spin the cookie to do the same thing with the other half! Well a couple days ago I had this thought of an amazing striped cookie and hot chocolate together, then I thought TRUFFLE! Well, I figured lets give it a shot and see what happens! The end result was the most amazing truffle I have ever had (maybe not most but it was pretty darn close!).
Here are those striped cookies I am talking about:
Here is the recipe:
Striped Cookie & Hot Chocolate Truffle (makes about 20 truffles)
15 striped cookies (plus some chopped up to sprinkle on top of truffle, if you desire)
1 packet of hot chocolate powder
1/4 cup water
1 12oz bag of white chocolate chips
1. Put the cookies in a food processor and chop them up (you want small chunks & fine powder), then place them into a medium bowl
2. In a cup, mix 1/2 of the hot chocolate packet into the water (it won’t fully dissolve and this is ok)
3. Add the hot chocolate liquid to the bowl with the chopped cookies and using a spoon mix it together until the cookie pieces are all moist.
4. Roll into balls (about a tsp, if too gooey to roll, just put little blobs, you can roll into balls after), and place onto waxed paper and put in the freezer for about 10-15 min until the balls are not so mushy.
5. While they are in the freezer, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and when it is fully melted add the remaining hot chocolate powder and mix until fully combined
6. Using a spoon dip the cookie balls into the melted chocolate, sprinkle some cookie pieces on and place back on the wax paper.
7. Allow to harden back up for a couple minutes then keep refrigerated when not enjoying so the chocolate doesn’t soften.
I had no idea how these were going to work out, but I am so excited that they did because they taste amazing!
I hope you give them a shot and enjoy them!