When your Daughter wants to make muffins, we make muffins 🙂 She may be stubborn like her Daddy (and maybe slightly me 😉 ) but she sure loves to bake like her Momma ❤
She wanted Strawberry and we settled for Strawberry Jam. So what do we do, we turn to Pinterest! We found these muffins and we tweaked the recipe a little, here is our recipe:
Strawberry Jam Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ pound (one 8-ounce package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your muffin cups. (we got 24 small and just about 12 big)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,and baking soda.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture and milk.
- Once all combined add the cup of strawberry jam
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and move muffins to cooling rack
We really enjoyed these, the cream cheese was a nice touch, it gave it that slight creamy taste with a strawberry mix 🙂 Strawberries and cream lol 😉