I know it has been a while since I last posted and I am going to go ahead and say if I can continue to post something at least once a month with these twins coming then it is a success 🙂
These very cute very delicious appetizers that I made for an Olive Oil tasting party we hosted maybe a month ago were such and amazing hit! They were super easy and were just perfect! I even made so many extra’s that I had lunch for a couple days and this was perfect! Easy enough, no? Well with the Holiday’s coming, this will be a perfect appetizer so go ahead and give them a shot 🙂
Here are some pictures of them all prepped and ready for the oven, I was too busy eating them to get any pictures after they were baked, but you get the picture 😉 (please don’t mind my “used” cookie sheet!)
- 1 box of lasagna noodles cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
pasta sauce (your preference)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you are like me and love cheese!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, and Italian seasonings. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pat noodles dry with a paper towel and lay them on parchment or wax paper. Cut each noodle in half width-wise. Fill each noodle with 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, leaving an inch empty on one side of the noodle. Start rolling each noodle up, ending on the side that has one inch empty. This is so that the filling doesn’t spill out the end.
- Slice each noodle in half with a sharp knife and place roll seam side down on a greased cookie sheet (I normally cover mine with aluminum foil & spray it with Pam). You can place them pretty close together since they won’t be spreading or anything so pack them babies on there 🙂
- Place some pizza sauce on top of each roll and top each with cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted inside. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping. (I ate them just like they were! So good!)
Easy enough, no? Well with the Holiday’s coming, this will be a perfect appetizer so go ahead and give them a shot 🙂